Nothing offers you a comparative benefit in business like knowing where all of the company assets are. Each of the assets, such as a vehicle, could not be linked to any other trucks or have a driver there every time. Thousands of such assets are hard to monitor throughout the globe; they could be kept for weeks or stay in areas without any accessibility before being monitored. You can monitor everything, everywhere, using asset tracker. The asset trackers can be used to monitor construction materials, assets, furnishings, supplies, inverters, and many other types of equipment in the firms.
Asset trackers may provide you with complete insight into your critical assets’ locations, operations, and status, allowing you to pay less time monitoring it and extra time in managing your work on schedule. Asset trackers can track assets while they move by land, water, or air. These gadgets work for everyone! It assists small, midsize, and large enterprises in safeguarding their precious assets by delivering real-time monitoring information through asset trackers.
Asset trackers are simple to use
Easily install it in the asset that you want to track to give maximum security and decrease the danger of misuse, theft, and damage. With the help of Asset trackers, you will retrieve an efficient and effective approach to fulfill your assets ‘security requirements.
Benefits of Asset Trackers
- No wiring is required for installation.
- They have a strong magnet that allows you to connect your device to metal surfaces.
- It’s simple to put them on secret parts of the assets due to their tiny size. Moreover, because of their suitable size, you can keep them hidden from prying eyes.
- Asset Trackers may last for up to two years before needing to be charged or replaced.
Drawbacks of Asset Trackers
- The period of usage of the gadget is limited if the designed battery would have limited efficiency.
- If your asset tracker’s battery stops working as it had run out of power, you’ll need to change this with another charged battery to get it working again.
- It’s possible that a wireless tracker won’t provide real-time location. So it’s reasonable to expect a small variation.
- Even if an additional feature is present, you may not be able to increase the device’s performance.
- External sensors are sometimes unable to connect to the asset trackers. It may be limited in what it can do.
How can You choose the right asset tracker?
Asset trackers give vital supervision into corporate processes. You can keep a watch on pricey equipment and items by noting where they are at a particular moment. Asset trackers may also give useful information on a supply chain process, shipping, and operational procedures. However, consider these five basic characteristics and core capabilities to decide which asset tracker is most suitable for your company.
- For quick install, an asset tracker must enable the integration of external sensors and vehicle systems. Therefore, the Control Area Network transceiver and bus controller are essential features to look for in an asset tracker.
- You should seek one which allows the user to easily install more sensors to expand the range and coverage of your asset tracker.
- Buyers should seek asset trackers that can update their software over-the-air abbreviated as OTA.
- When choosing an asset tracker, consider the technology which can be hooked up quickly but can also be completely modified to meet your unique requirements.
- Ensure that the equipment is also properly authorized. So, you do not have to complete the licensing process for equipment to fulfill regulatory and governmental criteria, which will save your energy and cost.
To summarise, now that you are familiar with asset trackers, it is time to have your assets monitored for their protection. Now is the time to get your hands on an asset tracking gadget!